11 Months with Sock Monkey
At the end of March, we spent spring break in San Diego with Dave's parents. At the same time, we were saddened to learn of the passing of our friend Marci Honstead, who died from Pick's Disease at the age of 36. She was such a joy to the lives of so many and she will be greatly missed. We were fortunate enough to attend a reception in Marci's honor and to spend time with old friends and graduate school professors remembering some great times together.
Carter with Oma PamDuring our visit, we were able to spend quite a bit of time with Dave's sister, Tamara, her husband, Josiah, and their three month old baby Elijah.

Carter and Eli---Bunny Cousins!

Carter and Mummy in San Diego. He's 100% Boy alright!
At almost 11 months, he is very active and loves being on the move. He wears himself out crawling everywhere and he eats and sleeps well. He loves playing with his girlfriends at daycare and watching the doggies. He has recently started opening drawers and cabinets, which means full-force on the baby-proofing for us. He has been 'cruising' the furniture for awhile now, and on some occassions, lets go with both hands to stand on his own for a second or two before falling. There are lots of thuds and bumps around our house right now, but I guess that comes with the territory. It won't be long now until he is walking and officially a "toddler"!
Why have dinner when I can eat TP?
Why have dinner when I can eat TP? 
Bathtime is so much fun!

Today is Easter Sunday. We went to Church at St Luke's, and then came home, put Carter down for a nap and made brunch. Monika came over for a visit and we played with Carter and chatted a bit. The rest of the day was spent cooking and preparing for the week ahead. I was so busy, I forgot to put together an Easter basket for him, but Carter didn't seem to mind. I suppose there will be plenty of years for Easter baskets, right? He did look adorable in his little suit though! This picture is a little blurry, but it's such a sweet smile, I had to include it!
Happy Easter, everyone!
