Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January/8 Months Old - Update

Oh my goodness! So much has happened since my last post.
Let me see...First there was Christmas.
On Christmas eve, we still had quite a blanket of snow. We attended services at St Lukes, and then hosted my mom's side of the family for Xmas eve dinner. We spent Christmas morning as a family together with Lucy and Brindle. On Christmas night, we went to our friends Herry and Amy's house to celebrate with them, their son Hall, and our friends Mary and Dara. It was a great time.
On New Year's Eve, we attended a family friendly party at Susan and Ryan's house. We were home and in bed by 9:00; it was PERFECT!



In Early January, I drove to Seattle to visit my dear friends Joanne and Jason, who are expecting their first baby (a girl!) in mid-March. I was happy to attend their baby shower, spend time with them and give them many of Carter's infant items that he no longer uses. I also gave them a dose of the Energizer Bunny and at 9am started moving furniture to prep the baby's room. I hope Jason's back (and Joanne's stress level) have returned to normal. :) Can't wait to see a photo of the nursery, guys!

When I got home from Seattle (January 11th) I noticed Carter had started doing a new thing-sticking out his tongue. I put my finger in his mouth, and lo and behold! His first tooth! Bottom right to be exact. Very exciting, but this lead to a week of slight crankiness and sleep deprivation. I have to admit that these are both relative terms because our slight level of crankiness and sleep deprivation is pure normal life for other families, so we are thankful. The "cranks and snots" stage popped up again last week, and what do you know? Carter's second tooth (bottom, middle, left) peeked out at us on January 22nd.

On January 16th, Carter turned 8 months old.

I am not sure his current height or weight (we'll find out at his check up in February) but sock monkey thinks he's growing. Carter seems to be almost as big as some of the 1 year olds at play group. I have to explain to people that "no, he's not walking yet, he's only 8 months". He has hit all of his milestones, so I feel comfortable about that. I continue to make all of his food, and we have recently introduced yogurt and tofu. His favorites seem to be mangos, sweet potatoes and cheerios.

On Sunday, Carter started swimming lessons at the local Jewish Community Center. Oh my goodness! Carter LOVES it! They have a 94 degree therapy pool for the "Lil Splashers" class, which makes me personally very happy. Carter was smiling, laughing and talking to everyone in the class. He didn't mind one bit getting his ears wet or later, dunking him fully underwater. I think we have a fish in the family.



Carter is SO close to crawling! He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth. He also enjoys his books and stuffed animals. Here is a collage of recent pictures: