Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lucky Threes

Three Months, Three Weeks Old

Carter is still doing great. He is very healthy and is such a happy baby. We love watching him smile and listening to his giggles. He is now reaching for and grabbing anything within his reach. He has also converted to become a fan of the Bjorn bouncy chair which gives Dave and me a chance to take a shower or cook a meal-WONDERFUL!


A Natural Camper

Last weekend, we took Carter on his first camping trip to Ft Stevens on the Oregon coast. I was a nervous nellie, wondering how Carter would do, and of course he did awesome. He really enjoys being outside and seeing all of the trees. We had a great time with our friends Amy and Herry and their son Hall, Tawnya, and Jo and Jason from Seattle. We plan on making this an annual getaway and we're looking forward to next year already.
Carter with his birthday twin, Jason!


Decked out in his camping clothes
I have a great job!

Last week, my department had a retreat at the coast. Months ago, my Department Chair Pam said that it would be fine for me to bring Carter, and so I did. Once again I was nervous about how things would go, and once again, he did FABULOUS! I think he actually enjoyed our trainings and being involved in our goal-setting meeting. My coworkers were awesome and helped me out whenever I needed it. I left feeling very energized and rejuvinated and am looking forward to the new school year.


I chopped it off!

I have been contemplating chopping my hair for about 10 months, but didn't want to make any rash, pregnant and hormonal decisions. So, I waited and finally took the plunge on Friday. I am not quite used to it yet, but it's a change, and change is good. Besides, it's just hair and it'll grow back. Carter doesn't seem to mind.