Saturday, March 15, 2008

March Update

A Great Weekend with Mike and Pam
Last weekend, Dave's parent came for a visit from San Diego, and we had a great time! On Saturday, we drove out to Hood River for lunch, wine tasting and touring the town. It was an absolutely gorgeous day and we had the most amazing views of Mt Hood and Mt Adams----breathtaking! On Saturday night, we attended the Thomas Edison High School fundraising auction at the The Governor Hotel. What a great event! The school raised over $130,000 for professional development, technology and scholarships. On Sunday, Dave and his Dad put together the baby's crib (in record time!) and we enjoyed a leisurely lunch before Mike and Pam boarded the plane.


Birthing Classes? Check!

Dave and I spent Friday night and all day Saturday attending birthing classes at Good Samaritan Hospital. Overall, not too bad. Actually, much better than I had anticipated. Thank goodness for our instructor, Barb! She is the spouse of one of my coworkers and she really made the experience bearable. dare I say enjoyable. We learned a lot and are feeling much more comfortable about the upcoming brithing experience. The best part of the day? Dave trying out the empathy belly! It has squishy breasts, a chest binder (to mimic the difficulty breathing), and bellly and bladder weights. He was a trooper, bending over to pick things up, getting in and out of chairs, and posing for photos:





Belly




2



Belly














































2 comments:

dynamitedayna said...

OMG that is the funniest thing I have seen in a while. Dave - you are such a trooper! I don't think we had empathy bellies at Mercy! You look absolutely GORGEOUS! You should have a few more b/c I think you were born to carry babies!

dynamitedayna said...

Oh, I left a message on a different date. I am so NOT a blogger. Anyway, read below for March comments! You and Dave look great pregnant. You both are all belly!